Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 2003 05:14:00 -0500
From:      Wade Majors <wade@ezri.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   audio playback slow

I just setup FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT as of last night on my system. I setup
the pcm driver and it detected my onboard VIA audio (at least
partially), however playback is at about half speed. I am basically
running GENERIC with the debug options commented out and "device pcm" added.

I suspect it might be because of the AC97 Codec message, but I do get
playback, just slowed down.

-Wade

-----
Some bits from dmesg:
pcm0: <VIA VT8233A> port 0xe000-0xe0ff irq 12 at device 17.5 on pci0
pcm0: <Unknown AC97 Codec (id = 0x414c4730)>

Some bits from pciconf -l -v:
pcm0@pci0:17:5: class=0x040100 card=0x47304005 chip=0x30591106 rev=0x40
hdr=0x00
   vendor   = 'Via Technologies Inc'
   device   = 'VT8233/33A AC97 Enhanced Audio Controller'
   class    = multimedia
   subclass = audio