Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:20:37 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: 3.x -> 4.0-STABLE upgrade instructions [Failure]

In message <20000323.1202800@bartequi.ottodomain.org> Salvo Bartolotta writes:
: I may be wrong, but I am afraid fsck, at this stage, is NOT able to
: correct the problems.

I think that this is due to bad dev notes.  that's the symptom that
was reported at the time.

: Personally, I booted from *another* FreeBSD slice and ran fsck from
: there over the "would-be current" partitions :-) After which
: operation, I was able to complete the (then) dreaded make world. Since
: then , it has (apparently) worked like charm for me, at least as far
: as my tasks are concerned :-)

That works too :-)

Warner