Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:17:58 +0000
From:      Geoff Buckingham <geoffb@chuggalug.clues.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Serverworks LE acd access hangs.

booting a 5.2.1 kernel and mfsroot from CD on an IBM x342 works fine, with
acpi disabled, however when I try to mount the iso9660 fs the system hangs :-(

Looking through the archives I have come across several reports of problems
with ServerWorks LE pentium IIIs (including my own issues with a dl360)
and the new ata code.

Have fixes/workarounds been introduced since 5.2.1 that would make trying
HEAD worthwile?

I am about to try explicitly disabling atapi dma (although man page states it
is off by default) Is atapi dma still disabled by default? I ask as the
boot in safe mode from beastie.4th explicitley disables it.

Can I force current to run on only one CPU if so is this likely to help?