Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 08:11:49 -0700
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.1.1 breakage: GUS, spash screen, CD writing

>I tried rolling atapi-cd.c and atapi-cd.h back to RELENG_4_1_0_RELEASE
>but it didn't seem to help.  I'll try rolling them back further to see
>if I can track this down.

I couldn't back up much further without running into dependencies on
the rest of the ata subsystem, so I tried rolling ata back (via
"cd /sys/dev/ata; cvs update -rRELENG_4 -D'May 1, 2000'") but that
started running into what appeared to be dependencies on the rest
of the system, so it looks like I'm going to have to roll the whole
system back to 4.0 and then nudge the kernel forward until it breaks.

(Gosh, I hope "make world" can downgrade as well...)

 Bill