Date:      Mon, 30 May 2005 16:30:19 +0300
From:      Igor Popov <igorpopov@newmail.ru>
To:        ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   question concerned with dynamic rules

	Hi all,
I have a question concerned with dynamic rules, say I have such rules:
	ipfw check-state
	ipfw allow udp from me to any out keep-state

if ttl of my packet will be zero on some router in path, it sends me icmp
error message ttl exceeded. Does last rule create dynamic rule that permit
icmp error message? My experience with traceroute shows that a such rule is
not created.

But with such rules:
	ipfw check-state
	ipfw allow udp from me to any out keep-state
	ipfw allow icmp from any to me icmptype 3,4,11,12 in
traceroute works.

--
The truth is what is; what should be is a dirty lie.
		-- Lenny Bruce