Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 19:07:46 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
To:        Veaceslav Revutchi <vr@dnt.md>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: web hosting, what ftp to use?

> procedure that you guys use in this situation? Do you allow only sftp
> or do you use something else or do you just not care
> that a clients password gets sniffed and his web site gets
> highjacked?

If a client asked about some secure fashion to update his website, I'd
give him a very limited shell account which would basically just allow scp
and some of the bin utils to manage his own files.

But normal clients don't worry about such issues and most wouldn't be
able to use scp either... If FTP wouldn't use that sick split of data
and command connection one could use some sort of SSL proxy but I
didn't manage to get such a thing working. SFTP is not an option at the
time, I think (or are there any Windowsclients for it?).

Best regards,
 Gabriel