Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:46:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vladimir Savichev <vlad@ariel.phys.wesleyan.edu>
To:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   BSD Telephony ?

is   there some interest  to port BSD Telephony package
http://www.bsdtelephony.com.mx/
I think the project is pretty cool and deserves an attention of FreeBSD
community.
One of the guys in charge of this project replied me

>Sadly, there has not been so much as a SINGLE bit of real interest in
>using this stuff under BSD. Everyone wants it under Linux, but there do
>not appear to be ANY BSD telecom people out there. I, personally, am a
>big fan of BSD, and would love to see this change. My original
>development and driver was for BSD, and I never had even really run Linux
>then.
>
>Jim Dixon
>Duuuude
>jim@lambdatel.com

I saw in LINT the lines
># userland driver for telephony
>pseudo-device   "i4btel"        2
but don't know what is it about.

--Vlad

P.S. The License is uber BSD alike
*     BSD Telephony Of Mexico "Zapata" Telecom Library, version 1.9  6/21/01
*
*   Part of the "Zapata" Computer Telephony Technology.
*
*   See http://www.bsdtelephony.com.mx
*
*
*  The technologies, software, hardware, designs, drawings, scheumatics, board
*  layouts and/or artwork, concepts, methodologies (including the use of all
*  of these, and that which is derived from the use of all of these), all other
*  intellectual properties contained herein, and all intellectual property
*  rights have been and shall continue to be expressly for the benefit of all
*  mankind, and are perpetually placed in the public domain, and may be used,
*  copied, and/or modified by anyone, in any manner, for any legal purpose,
*  without restriction.