Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 22:45:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark D Smith <msmith@revolution.3-cities.com>
To:        tlt@badger.tltodd.com (Terry Todd)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3c509 settings

OK, here's the scoop.

1.  To change the card settings you HAVE to run 3c5x9cfg
2.  3c5x9cfg shipped on the driver disk (in it's root directory)
    and can only be run from DOS.  A DOS boot floppy will do.
3.  Once you get 3c5x9cfg running, configure the card for the
    desired settings, port 0x300, int (whatever, I used 5) and
    change the ep settings in the kernel config file to reflect
    that change.  YOU MUST ALSO DISABLE PLUG AND PLAY IF THIS
    CARD HAS IT!!!

If you don't have the driver disk, it's available from
http://www.3com.com and wander around support for a bit and look for
the 3c5x9 driver disk.  It's a self extracting archive that, again,
has to be run from DOS and will extract the install floppy's directory
tree, not a disk image, at least that's what it did a couple of months
ago. <G>

Mark