Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 2020 20:15:39 -0500
From:      Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PowerMac G4 unable to auto-boot with FBSD 12.2-RELEASE

One thing I had not tried before was resetting the PRAM.  I did that a coupl=
e of times using Command-Option-p-r and everything is working fine

cheers,

       mehul

--
Sent from my "smart" phone

> On Nov 4, 2020, at 19:36, Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BFBackground:
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> I have installed FreeBSD/powerpc 12.2-RELEASE on a PowerMac G4.  I initial=
ly had FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE installed, but that kept randomly rebooting.
>=20
> I switched to NetBSD/macppc and that worked just fine.=20
>=20
> With 12.2 released I decided to try again with FreeBSD. =20
>=20
> The installation went fine.  =46rom the OF boot prompt, I am able to boot u=
sing:
>=20
>         boot hd:2,\ppc\boot1.elf
>=20
> FBSD will boot up, I can login and use the system as normal.   If I set =E2=
=80=98auto-boot?=E2=80=99 to true,  I am unable to boot into FBSD.  =20