Date:      Thu, 7 Oct 2010 14:56:42 +0100
From:      Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
To:        Frank Shute <frank@shute.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: postfix installed in base, mailwrapper spins using 100% CPU

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 14:38:54 +0100
Frank Shute <frank@shute.org.uk> wrote:

> You should use src.conf(5) and set WITHOUT_SENDMAIL=yes to avoid
> building sendmail nowadays.

I don't know why I said I had WITH_SENDMAIL=no, because I actually have
WITHOUT_SENDMAIL=yes in /etc/src.conf!

> Postfix normally (when installed from ports) installs a "fake"
> sendmail binary in /usr/local/bin.

I think the problem occurs because in the OPTIONS menu I told it to
install to /usr:

INST_BASE "Install into /usr and /etc/postfix"

I guess I need to remove /usr/sbin/sendmail and reinstall postfix.

--
Bruce Cran