Date:      Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:25:43 +0100
From:      "Simon Ironside" <sironside@interfone.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sendmail only listening on localhost

Hi all,
=20
I have a default sendmail instance on FreeBSD 5.3, the SMTP service only =
seems to be listening on localhost:
=20
netstat -al | grep smtp
tcp4       0      0  localhost.smtp         *.*                    =
LISTEN

I can connect locally using telnet localhost 25 but I cannot connect =
using telnet 10.99.0.2 25.
=20
I have tried both editing the .mc file (and regenerating) to add:
=20
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=3Dsmtp, Addr=3D10.99.0.2, Name=3DMTA')
=20
and editing the .cf file manually to add:
=20
O DaemonPortOptions=3DPort=3Dsmtp, Addr=3D10.99.0.2, Name=3DMTA
=20
Although of course, that line is there already after regenerating from =
.mc
=20
After restarting, I still cannot connect using 10.99.0.2
=20
Can someone help?
=20
Thanks,