Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 07:19:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        cliff@steam.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        joe@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: buildworld broken (/usr/libexec/ftpd)

>Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 04:08:28 -0800 (PST)
>From: Cliff Skolnick <cliff@steam.com>

>CVSUP as of Thu Mar 28 03:31:01 PST 2002

>make buildworld gives me:

>cc -O -pipe  -DSETPROCTITLE -DSKEY -DLOGIN_CAP -DVIRTUAL_HOSTING -Wall
>-DINET6 -Dmain=ls_main -I/usr/src/libexec/ftpd/../../bin/ls     -o ftpd
>ftpd.o ftpcmd.o logwtmp.o popen.o skey-stuff.o ls.o cmp.o print.o util.o
>-lskey -lmd -lcrypt -lutil -lpam
>print.o: In function `unit_adjust':
>print.o(.text+0xa7c): undefined reference to `ilogb'
>*** Error code 1

>Adding a -lm in the list of libraries in /usr/src/libexec/ftpd/Makefile
>seemed to fix it, but it's not obvious (at least to me) what changed to
>require this.  Perhaps someone a little more familiar with things can figure
>out why this broke.

Same fix works here.

As to cause, it looks like the recent MFC for bin/ls to permit unit
suffixes.

Cheers,
david       (links to my resume at http://www.catwhisker.org/~david)
I believe it would be irresponsible (and thus, unethical) for me to advise,
recommend, or support the use of any product that is or depends on any
Microsoft product for any purpose other than personal amusement.