Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:34:20 -0600
From:      "Brad Morgan" <B-Morgan@concentric.net>
To:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.4-RC1 ISO image on releng4.freeBSD.org

The FTP server on releng4.freeBSD.org responds to a REST command with a 502
status  but the text seems to imply that I can resume an aborted transfer
for TYPE I files (which the .iso image is).

COMMAND:> REST 100
          502 Restart is only supported for TYPE I (binary/image) transfers.
STATUS:>  Server does NOT support resume

I looked at RFC 959 but it doesn't seem to indicate that there is a
"limited"
response to the REST command, but I'm not an expert at reading RFCs so that
doesn't really surprise me.

I don't know if its my stupid FTP client (FTP Voyager) or some other
problem.  Microsoft's command line FTP doesn't appear to implement the
necessary commands.

I don't have a high speed connection on my FreeBSD machine so I'd like to
get
this working on this Windows machine.  I've got the first 250MB.

An alternate ftp site that does have resume support enabled for all file
types would also probably work.

Regards,

Brad