Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 20:06:30 -0700
From:      Eddie Lawhead <eddie@silk.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, flygt@sr.se
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Not being able to restore the Boot-Easy Manager

At 05:22 PM 9/15/98 -0700, Doug White wrote:
>On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Gunnar Flygt wrote:
>
>> This is starting to be boring. Now I've followed all the hints there are
>> to reinstall my dualboot. I've used /stand/sysinstall, started with
>> install floppy, and used the DOS-version bootinst.exe boot.whatever it
>> was
>>
>> It is still impossible to get my FreeBSD part of the disk to boot. I see
>> the:
>>
>> F1 dos
>> F2 BSD
>>
>> indicator. When I use F1 it boots with NT, but when I press F2 i get a
>> F? in return. Nothing more happens. Any suggestions? Will I have to kill
>> the FreeBSD partition and make a reinstall?
>
>That's the usual solution.  your geometry information is incorrect.
>
>> NT. The sad thing I have put so much work into the FreeBSD part to
>> make it nice working with. It's an upgrade from
>> 2.2.2->2.2.5->2.2.6->2.2.7 so I've got quite used to it.
>
>Try OS-BS; it's not as braindead as Booteasy is.
>
>Doug White                              | University of Oregon
>Internet:  dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu    | Residence Networking Assistant
>http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | Computer Science Major

Hello!!

I'm fairly new but when I went to do this FBSD said my geometry was wrong.
I cant remember what symbol it uses at the disk config area of sysinstall
but I just got rid of the symbol and it worked ok.  Sorry for the
untechnical info but I hope you get the idea of what I am trying to say.
Im not on my FBSD box so I cant get exact info.

Hope it helps.  Good Luck

Eddie Lawhead