Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 1996 20:09:41 -0600 (CST)
From:      ptroot@uswest.com (Paul T. Root)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compileing xv-3.10a with ports collection

Hi,
        I'm  trying to compile xv in /usr/ports under FreeBSD 2.1R from
the cd. I ftp'd xv-3.10a.tar.gz and tiff-v3.4beta028-tar.gz (all that is
available, and its not on the CD). I did a mkdir /usr/ports, cd /usr/ports,
lndir /cdrom/ports /usr/ports (with CD 1 mounted). Copied the files to
/usr/ports/distfiles. cd /usr/ports/graphics/xv and make install.

I get :

proot /usr/ports/graphics/xv 20:08:52% make install
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
proot /usr/ports/graphics/xv 20:08:55%

Any help?

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root - USWEST !NTERPRISE Networking Service     proot@acs.uswest.com

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.
                                           William Shakespeare