Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 1996 23:25:43 -0500
From:      LUMARK@tc.gc.ca (Lu, Mark)
To:        sandy@lapkin.rosprint.ru ('SMTP: sandy@lapkin.rosprint.ru')
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (' freebsd-questions@freebsd.org')
Subject:   X.25 or ISO;Re: CCITT support in current

From:      Sandy Kovshov
> As I pointed in previous letter, I'll use this code in any case
> because some of our X400 sites runs on FreeBSD. I was surprised
> when found what CCITT code was deleted from source tree and nobody
> use it already. If you think what this code is undiserable in
> -current - "let it be". If you wants, I can send you patches or
> complette source of netccitt when I clean up it.

What was the last release for FreeBSD that supported
the CCITT code or that anybody got to work? and how can
i get old releases?
i am interested in creating virtual tunnels over Ethernet,
and thought that the X.25overLLC or  ISO TP4/CLNP/802.3
might work (or are there other easy programming interfaces
to Ethernet to create connection-oriented virtual circuits over
it),  in order to simulate complex IP point to point
internetworks all by using many FreeBSD routers on
one LAN segment.

Also, does anyone know if there is a freeware X.400
available somewhere?

 --Mark