Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 01:02:01 -0400
From:      Jason Bennett <jason@r33h141.res.gatech.edu>
To:        Gregory Pavelcak <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cyrix 200+ and Kernel

On Thu, Aug 21, 1997 at 06:41:53AM -0400, Gregory Pavelcak wrote:

> I just saw a message where someone said something about changing his
> kernel to activale his Cyrix cache. I am about to get a new Cyrix 6x86
> 200+. Is there something I should do to my kernel to take advantage of
> this thing? I don't remember LINT saying anything about this.

That was probably me. I have a revision 5 chip, so I have to explicitly
enable the cache. You shouldn't have to. Just look through the latest LINT
(I run current) and you'll see some Cyrix options. Don't know if it's in
stable yet.

Otherwise, I don't know of any specific optimizations. I'd love to hear of
any, though.

	jason

--
Jason Bennett, jbennett@cc.gatech.edu         | Member, Team OS/2!
CS Major, Georgia Institute of Technology     | Head TA, CS 1501!