Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 1997 01:02:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Pete McNab <stillers@slip.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Device description for Diamond 3D 3000 with 4 Megs wanted

I have a Diamond Stealth 3D 3000 with 4 Megs of Video Ram, which
uses the S3 ViRGE-VX.

I am runing FreeBSD 2.1.0.  I realize that XFree86 3.2 has
supportfor the S3 Virge, but I am running an older version of
XFree86 until I upgrade to 2.1.5 of FBSD.

Does anyone have, or know where I can get the device description
for this video card, so that I can get X up and running?

I can get X to work in VGA16 mode, but the device info I have
for my card is lacking.

Thanks in advance.

Pete McNab