Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 06:13:36 +1000
From:      Jonathan Michaels <jon@welearn.com.au>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   yamaha 719/724 (opl-3sx at any rate)

hello all,

sorry if my post is off topic - i'm not sure where to ask this
question, questions seems t be not the right place to me.

i've got this yamaha sound card (works great in beos) and
freebsd v4.0-release detects it and all teh bits inside of it
(mixer and sound blaster emulation and stuff).

my question is how do i go about setting up freebsd to work
with my card, i'm trying gnome and it keeps complaining about
/dev/dsp not being thier, even if i makdev the things it still
won't work. i am also trying to get a few other programs to use
teh yamaha ....

part of my problem is that i am having great problem
understanding the infromation that is thier on offer (my brain
is somewhat broken) .. so a breif step by step (or a pointer to
such a document) would be muchly apreciated.

ps, i still have my gravis ultrasound and it works great in
freebsd v2.2.5-release. but, i've just been gven a (for me, its
new) computer and this yamaha pnp and i've forgotten how to
setup freebsd so that it will make noises from the installed
hardware.

regards and thanks

jonathan

pps, if you prefer, just use reply-to: to keep the traffic out
of teh malining list.