Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:25:57 -0700
From:      chip.wiegand@simrad.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   why do i have so much trouble accessing an nt box?

I have, on my desk, a FreeBSD-4.5 box and a NT4 box, connected to a kvm
switch,
and ethernet. I have samba installed and working correctly, and using
XFSamba I
can see the shares on the NT box. No matter how I set the permissions on
the NT box
shared folders, I get access denied when trying to access those shares
from the
FreeBSD box. I also have a printer connected to the FreeBSD box, works
great. I
can see the printer in the NT Network Neighborhood, but cannot get
anything to print
to it from NT, I get access denied on the NT box. On the NT box in network
neighborhood
I can see and access files on the FreeBSD box without any problems. I have
had no
problems with any of this stuff when using FreeBSD and win95 or win98,
only with NT.
Any ideas why NT is such a pain in the a..?

Regards,
--
Chip Wiegand
Computer Services

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
     --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
Corporation, 1977
 (They why do I have 7? Somebody help me!)