Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 12:42:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, mcgovern@spoon.beta.com, mark@quickweb.com, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Constructive criticism (was: bashing everyone for fun and profit)

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Julian Elischer wrote:

> > What is the intent of your book?  What specific areas will it cover?
> > What kind of existing material are you looking for?
>
> how will it differ from the "FreeBSD book" that Walnut Creek CDROM sell?

I have to document the 5 existing FreeBSD Machines that I set up for the
College.  I am required to produce enough documentation so that the
Student interns that work in the computer science area can administrate
the system after I leave.  These Student Interns are trained only in
Novell.  Therefore I need to produce a document that will show them the
basics of FreeBSD Unix.  Basically this will be a newbie book.

Christopher J. Coleman (chris@aries.bb.cc.wa.us)
Computer Support Technician I  (509)-766-8873
Big Bend Community College  Internet Instructor
FreeBSD Book Project:  http://www.bb.cc.wa.us/~chris/book.html
Death is life's way of telling you you're fired.