Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 15:57:10 -0400
From:      Jonathan M.Slivko <jslivko@4evermail.com>
To:        Brad Laue <brad@brad-x.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Staroffice cores during install

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001 15:45:47 -0400 (EDT)
Brad Laue <brad@brad-x.com> wrote:

> Any FreeBSD snapshot after Sept. will no longer install staroffice,
> instead causing a core dump in hte installer - since this appears to be a
> kernel related issue rather than one relating to the port (port runs fine
> on another box using aSept. 15 build), I thought I'd point it out here.
>
> FreeBSD Odyssey.brad-x.com 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #0: Sat Oct  6
> 10:13:53 EDT 2001     root@Odyssey.brad-x.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/HAVEN
> i386
>
> Brad
>
> // -- http://www.BRAD-X.com/ -- //

Not true, i'm using StarOffice 5.2 on a 4.4-STABLE cvsupped yesterday. However, I
didn't install it from ports, I installed it from a CD I got back when I was at
the LinuxWorld convention in New York. So, I have a feeling that it's the port
that is having the breakage. I would be willing to ISO up the CD for ya and let
you leech it off my server. E-Mail me privately if your interested. -- Jonathan

P.S. An installation by hand would probbably correct that situation, anyways.

--
Jonathan M. Slivko <jslivko@4evermail.com>
Head Systems Administrator, 4EverMail Hosting Services