Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 1995 14:53:10 +0400
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ncurses 1.9.0 released

In message <456.798959364@time.cdrom.com> Jordan K. Hubbard writes:

>So, when do we simply transition over ourselvse? :-)

>I've been thinking for awhile that having two curses libraries is
>somewhat bogus.  Given that ncurses now has a `fallback mode' for
>/etc/termcap, I don't see that we have much left to wait for.  As soon
>as 1.9.0 makes it into the tree, I'll try some experiements with
>replacing curses entirely with it and see how it works.

1) I plan to integrate 1.9.0 in nearest time, is it good to do it
before release?
2) When BSD curses author says that he drops his work to trashcan,
it is the reason to switch to another curses.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -