Date:      26 Jun 2002 15:28:32 -0400
From:      Petr Swedock <petr@blade-runner.mit.edu>
To:        tstevenson@mavericck.com
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wow

 Travis Stevenson <tstevenson@maverik.com> writes:

 > Wow,  slow down a little.  He just wanted to know if this has affected
 > anyone.

 Um, no.  He asked if anyone was rooted. That's a little different
 from the more general 'affected.'

Have I been affected?  Yes. I spent lots of time (and even some
lost sleep) trying to get a handle on the risk. Most of a work
day trying to track down and collate info to see if I was in
the crosshairs. That's a day I could have spent doing something
more productive. So I'd say I was affected. That wasn't his question,
tho', was it?

 > And if you had
 > anything to say to him it should have been sent to him and not to all of
 > us.

Perhaps so. Perhaps not. If you're concerned that this is 'off-topic'
let me assure you that, while not technical, this is most certainly
topical to this list:  it is a *security list*, not a 'jump-when-Theo
-says-jump-list'. And that's what I'm saying. If you don't think
that's topical to this list...

Petr Swedock