Date:      Fri, 05 Nov 2021 07:22:54 +0900 (JST)
From:      Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp>
To:        marklmi@yahoo.com, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 14: Poll armv6 deprecated or removed

From: Mark Millard via freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 14:18:36 -0700

> The lack of a variety of sources of armv6 or ARM11 that NetBSD
> supports is likely a kind of property being referenced: even for
> NetBSD no other ARM11's are targeted.

When I start to make NetBSD image for RPI,
I got so many good feedbacks then any other
hardwares(earmv7/i386/amd64/dreamcast/zaurus/...).

> Basically, even for NetBSD, one has to be interested in supporting
> (some) RPi*'s in order to be interested in supporting ARM11. There
> is not much of any other ARM11 market for NetBSD (or FreeBSD).
>> I'm interested to know what NetBSD's reasons are in having tier-1
>> support for armv6, but I'll ask that on their lists.

For NetBSD,armv6 RPI board can make armv5/armv6/armv7 images.
NetBSD still support armv5 era.

armv5: still boot!
armv6: rust can't build because luck of support.omxplayer works.
armv7: rust works,but firefox build failed.omxplayer works.
aarch64: rust works and firefox works fine.and apple-m1 compatible.
         omxplayer can't works.

--
Jun Ebihara