Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 1999 13:08:06 -0400
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        "Mark Jones" <mjones@mco.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: multi-homed

This is not the answer to the question you asked, but why wouldn't you
want your packets to take the best/fastest/shortest path, rather than the
one that came up heads this time even if it's much farther/slower than
the other?  I don't know if you're aware but the difference can be orders
of magnitude in some cases.

Also if your dns is doing a 50/50 round-robin between addresses on
different providers, does this mean that when one T1 goes down half of
your web hits will arrive at the server ok while the other half fail
(at the browser end) due to network unreachable?

-Mitch