Date:      Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:19:11 +0500
From:      "Sergey N. Voronkov" <serg@tmn.ru>
To:        Barkley Vowk <bvowk@math.ualberta.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, David Kirchner <dpk@dpk.net>
Subject:   Re: Filesystems >1TB not possible on 6.0-R (anymore?).

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 01:09:50PM -0700, Barkley Vowk wrote:
> No. The installer showed only one slice da0s1d, and the whole disk was
> assigned to it.
>
> I'd check on the running box but:
> koth# disklabel -e /dev/da0
> disklabel: disks with more than 2^32-1 sectors are not supported

Exactly from "man disklabel":

     Due to the use of an u_int32_t to store the number of sectors, BSD labels
     are restricted to a maximum of 2^32-1 sectors.  This usually means 2TB of
     disk space.  Larger disks should be partitioned using another method such
     as gpt(8).  The various BSDs all use slightly different versions of BSD
     labels and are not generally compatible.

(I havn't use it, so ask someone other...)

Serg N. Voronkov,
Sibitex Ltd.