Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2001 22:19:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound (AC'97) too fast???

I've got an MSI i815-based motherboard... thus, I'm
using an AC97 sound interface.

I walked through the archives and found the following
reference:

> > For the i815E motherboard, you can try the ICH audio driver
> > at http://www.katsurajima.seya.yokohama.jp/ich/

Which I delightedly grabbed and installed, etc...

Now, however, when I cat a .au file (which worked great
on my previous SoundBlaster setup) - it's quite obviously
*way* too fast (like a cassette tape running amok.)

xanim suffers from the same "too fast" symptoms (I've
got a Honda promotional quick-time clip I use to test this.)
It reports:

XAnim Rev 2.80.2 BETA by Mark Podlipec Copyright (C) 1991-2000. All Rights Reser
ved
Linux_Audio: err setting freq 15bb

This is with a 4.3-RELEASE system with only the `ich.c' driver
added..  from dmesg:

pcm0: <Intel 82801BA AC'97 audio> port 0xbc00-0xbc3f,0xb800-0xb8ff irq 9 at devi
ce 31.5 on pci0

I can supply the .au file and/or the Honda promo to anyone interested...

But - can anyone let me know how to reign this beastie in?

         - Thanks! -
        - Dave Rivers -