Date:      Tue, 3 May 2005 21:09:19 -0500
From:      Christopher M.Hobbs <cmhobbs@cox-internet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   gcc issue in 5.3

--Apple-Mail-1--573594354

Greetings list, I'm a first time poster.  I hope I get this right.

I'm running a fresh install of 5.3-RELEASE.  Every time I attempt to
install anything from the ports tree, gcc fails.  Nine times out of ten
it states that there has been an internal error, and that I should
submit a bug report.

I've considered building a different version of gcc, but I obviously
need a working C compiler to do that.  Are there gcc binaries for
FreeBSD (x86).

Right now I'm looking to move to a STABLE branch, but I'd rather fix my
current problem and move on.  Is this possible, or would a fresh
install be my best bet?

Thanks!!
--
C.M. Hobbs, KD5RYO