Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 08:53:29 -0400
From:      "Alex" <allera@bellsouth.net>
To:        <freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installing freebsd onto netra x1 via boot net

I've got a netra x1 I'm trying to install freebsd 5.0 to.  Here is the
result of the boot:

Sun Netra X1 (UltraSPARC-IIe 400MHz), No Keyboard
OpenBoot 4.0, 512 MB memory installed, Serial #50992578.
Ethernet address 0:3:ba:a:15:c2, Host ID: 830a15c2.

Environment monitoring: disabled
Executing last command: boot net
Boot device: /pci@1f,0/ethernet@c  File and args:
Using Onboard Transceiver - Link Up.
Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet
Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet
Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet
Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet
1d000
Server IP address: x.x.x.x
Client IP address: y.y.y.y
Console: OpenFirmware console
FreeBSD/sparc64 loader
bootpath="/pci@1f,0/ethernet@c"
loaddev=net0:

can't load 'kernel'

Type '?' for a list of commands, 'help' for more detailed help.
OK

(The ip addresses are correct but bleeped out)

No matter what I do, I can't get the kernel to load.  I'm using tftp and
bootp.  Has anyone successfully done this before?  Can you post a sample
/etc/bootptab file?  I'm trying to use the one in the installation
instructions on the freebsd site but it's apparently not working.  The
machine appears to be loading the loader just fine, but it can't locate the
kernel.

It doesn't have a cdrom, else I'd use the ISO.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Alex