Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 1999 17:00:51 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Weber-Fahr <listmail@helena.callcenter.systemhaus.net>
To:        martin@rumolt.teuto.de (Martin Husemann)
Subject:   Re: vanishing isdnd - whats that ?

Hi,

> > you have to set idletime-outgoing to a non-zero value. I use 30, but _any_
> > value other than 0 is OK. Perhaps the code for I4B_TIMEOUT_UPD should use
> > a default if a value of 0 is passed in ?
>
> Should we allow for an "infinite" value, or is this just to prone of pilot
> errors?

actually, this value in my config had precisely this purpose, is there
this way since 0.63, and although I don't find that anywhere in
the documentation I seem to remember having read somewhere (here ?),
that a 0 timeout meant no timeout.

If that's not 'the way', what can I use to acchieve a completely
manually controlled link ? Would be a timeout of say, maxint, possible ?
(Hm... and how long is this actually ? :-)

Regards

Christoph Weber-Fahr