Date:      Mon, 8 Jun 1998 08:16:01 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Donald Burr <donburr@inreach.com>
Cc:        Donald Burr <dburr@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/6886

On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Donald Burr wrote:

> > Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-ports->dburr
>
> Does this justify a port of its own, or should it be rolled into the main
> GIMP port (respecting NOPORTDOCS, of course)?

I made a separate port of this because although Gimp did reach 1.0.0,
development will continue rapidly and for those of who try to track it,
that would make us either reinstall the manual everytime we upgrade, or
use NOPORTDOCS and have to install it by hand anyway (the manual will
probably NOT change for a long time). That said I just remembered that we
have a gimp1 port now so maybe it could be shoved into there, but again,
that doesn't help the people who are trying to track gimp-devel.  I'd
prefer to keep this separate so people using either port could install it
independent of the Gimp itself.

Brett