Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 16:25:31 -0400
From:      "Antoine Beaupre (LMC)" <Antoine.Beaupre@ericsson.ca>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nfs mounts / su / yp

Matt Piechota wrote:

> On Mon, 14 May 2001, Antoine Beaupre (LMC) wrote:
>
> > I know I might get flamed for this, but you guys should take a look at
> > samba. :) The SMB shares are password protected, usually, which means
> > that they do not (necessarly) rely on client-side authentication, and
> > allow password encryption.
>
> While the idea isn't bad, SMB has enough flaws that I wouldn't use it.

I wasn't aware of that. Flaws in the implementation or in the design? I
thought samba was pretty well written, but I guess this is compared to
their Windows counterpart. ;)

> Along the same line though, AFS or Coda might be a good option.

Yes, I considered that too. However, it seems the ports collection only
features a AFS client, and no server. Again, correct me if I'm wrong!

A.

--
La sémantique est la gravité de l'abstraction.