Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 1996 02:02:51 GMT
From:      James Raynard <jraynard@dial.pipex.com>
To:        brett@lariat.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kermit? ZModem?

> I can't seem to find Kermit or ZModem, either as packages or as source,
> on the FreeBSD FTP site. They were shown as available when I installed,
> but the transfer failed when I requested them. Why?

If I remember rightly, these programs both have restrictive copyrights
and can only be distributed from one site.

If you go to /usr/ports/comms/{kermit, zmodem} and type 'make', it
will automatically pull the source down from the relevant site and
compile it for you (assuming you're on the Net at the time).

(This applies to any other port you don't have a distfile for, BTW)

Cheers
James