Date:      Sun, 5 May 1996 00:19:02 GMT
From:      James Raynard <jraynard@dial.pipex.com>
To:        eeg@telecom.at
Cc:        "angelo"@fau.campus.mci.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't open /var/db/moundtab

> Angel G. Ortiz wrote:
> >
> > Each time I reboot my system I get the following message:
> >
> > "mountd[83]: Can't open /var/db/mountdtab."
> >
> > Both the path and file exist.

Are you sure? The 2.1 install names it as /var/db/mountdbtab
(presumably a typo somewhere).

> chmod a+rw /var/db/moundtab

This file is accessed by a daemon, so making it world writeable might
be a security hole. The permissions should be

-rw-rw-r--  1 nobody  wheel   0 Nov 18 21:07 /var/db/mountdbtab

Going back to the original problem, the simplest solution is

# ln -s /var/db/mountdbtab /var/db/mountdtab

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland