Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 1996 12:43:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Craig Shrimpton <craigs@venus.os.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, faq@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can someone tell me what this kernel message means?

[There was just a big discussion on -questions about this, hopefully
someone will re-interate and post some of those tweaks.  And if you do,
please forward them to the faq mailing list so they can get included in
the FAQ.  This message is being sent there for inclusion.]

On Thu, 7 Mar 1996, Craig Shrimpton wrote:

> I'm getting this message with increasing frequency.  Can anyone tell me
> what it means/
>
> /kernel: in_rtgtimo: adjusted rtq_reallyold to xxx
>
> The 'xxx' is a number usually between 200 to 2000.

This message means that your computer talks to a lot of other computers,
and is adjusting some network queues.  You can safely ignore them, but
you may want to look into adjusting some of the network parameters to
increase network performance.