Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 1997 21:27:13 +0100 (MET)
From:      Dick van den Burg <burg@is.ge.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup

I am trying to get cvsup to run through a TIS firewall.

This firewall supports a plug-gw, where a connection from a host to a
port can be accepted from one side of the firwall and re-established
to another host at the other side:

my-host:xxxx  -> firewall:5999 -> firewall:xxx -> cvsup.freebsd:5999

I had set up a rule to allow

cvsup.freebsd.org:xxx -> firewall:5998 -> firewall:xxx -> my-host:5998

and I called cvsup -P 5998

Unfortunately the PORT command sent by cvsup has 'my-host' IP address
and port 5998 in there, so cvsup.freebsd tries to connect there, and
of course my-host is unknown on the internet.

Passive mode does not work because it will connect to a port that can
be different with each invocation and I need to instruct the plug-gw
which ports to connect to.

Is there any way whereby I can tell the server to connect to the
firewall (in stead of my-host) on a given port or is there any way I
can specify a portnumber I can connect to on the server in passive
mode?

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks,
Dick van den Burg