Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 1999 12:38:15 -0600
From:      Oscar Bonilla <obonilla@fisicc-ufm.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bandwidth measuring tools

does anyone know about any bandwidth measuring tools I could use with
a tcpdump capture file?

I need to get measurement on total bandwidth consumed on my primary
router (which I don't control so SNMP is out of the question).

I was thinkin on making a freebsd box behave as a bridge and
quietly capture all traffic using tcpdump.

my question is: after I have the dump file, which tool could i use to
get nice stats like percentage of tcp/http/ftp/smtp/etc and total
throughput (not per-connection as tcptrace does)?

thanks,

-Oscar

--
For PGP Public Key: finger obonilla@fisicc-ufm.edu