Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2001 11:31:10 +0000
From:      Rasputin <rasputin@submonkey.net>
To:        Ralph Huntington <rjh@mohawk.net>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SubSeven trojan horse

* Ralph Huntington <rjh@mohawk.net> [011102 11:15]:
> One of our FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE machines is accused by mynetwatchman.com of
> launching a SubSeven trogan horse attach. However, I do not find anything
> odd about this machine.
>
> Is this even possible? I thought subseven was a Windows thing. Can it be
> launched from bsd? Thanks.	- Ralph

Do you proxy for any windows boxes?
If so, check your logs.
If not, one ofthe users on the box may be playing with nessus or a portscanner,
or just telnetting out on the right port to trigger firewalls.
--
"I don't like spinach, and I'm glad I don't, because if I liked it I'd
eat it, and I just hate it."