Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:29:24 -0400
From:      "Paul A. Sprague" <thespragues@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS

I recently set up an old PC as a file server for home. I'm running 4.9
on the server, and I did a standard install. Last night I slogined in
to the BSD box from my mac, switched user to root, and rebooted the
machine because one of the hard drives seemed to be working a little
hard for no apparent reason. After reboot, I could no longer do an nfs
mount from the mac of he disk. I could slogin to the machine, see  the
drive was mounted. The exports and fstab file haven't changed at all.
Previous tot this, he server has been up and running for about a month.

A point in (almost) any direction is appreciated.

Paul