Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2018 07:05:08 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD src broken?

On Sun, 01 Apr 2018 23:48:03 +0000, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 1, 2018, 7:38 PM Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 20:24:42 -0600, Waitman Gobble wrote:

> > > I deleted /usr/src and re-fetched src, seems to be working. I guess
> > > svn update 'usually works'. but not always?
> >
> > Did you previously install (using src.txz) / update / overwrite
> > the /usr/src subtree with freebsd-update?
> >

> i don't remember, maybe. I have waited for the Intel bs to settle before
> updating, i decided its been long enough :)
>
> deleting /usr/src and pulling a fresh copy solved my problem.

I think that might have been the reason: SVN doesn't like to deal
with a directory tree it didn't checkout itself. :-)

NB: "Combining" portsnap and svn usually leads to this specific
kind of problem. Removing the existing tree and starting with a
new one typically fixes the problem.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany