Date:      19 Sep 2000 22:48:56 +0100
From:      Harry Newton <harry_newton@telinco.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Failing to CVSUPdate ports

I don't seem to be able to update the ports collection by cvsup. Here
is my cvsup file:

  *default host=cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
  *default base=/usr
  *default prefix=/usr
  *default release=cvs tag=.
  *default delete use-rel-suffix
  *default compress
  ports-all

and when I do cvsup ports_sup_file, the right hand frame of the cvsup
window just has a message:

  Updating collection ports-all/cvs

and then after 30 seconds or so, the session terminates with a
`Finished successfully' message. Nothing seems to be altered in the
ports tree, for example, I deleted koffice:

  cd /usr/ports/editors/koffice
  rm -rf *

and nothing has been replaced.

What am I doing wrong ? Please mail me directly --- I'm going on
holiday in a few days and so am not on the list at the moment.

--
Harry Newton
harry_newton@telinco.co.uk