Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:21:04 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: please help - thread-safe mysql client link problem

At 3:25 PM -0800 on 2000/3/30, Kris Kennaway wrote:

>>      I'm using FreeBSD 3.2, and mysql 3.22.30.  I'm trying to build a
>>  thread-safe mysql client with pthread.
>
>  Use the port.

	The last time I tried that, I had a problem in that the port was
looking for a version of the package that no longer existed on the
ftp servers, so I was forced to do the whole thing manually.

	Do you know for sure that the current version of the port uses a
sufficiently recent version of the MySQL package, so that it can be
found on the ftp servers?  Does it use the latest version of the
MySQL package, and if not how many revisions back is it, and have
there been any significant enhancements in the time since?