Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 18:21:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        marcel@scc.nl (Marcel Moolenaar), current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new sigset_t and upgrading: a proposal

> On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 06:25:56AM -0700, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
> > > Cons
> > > ----
> > > o  Upgrading from 3.3 and before to -current is only possible after
> > >    an upgrade to post 3.3.
> >
> > Not good.
>
> We recommend that 2.2.x people upgrade to the latest 2.2-STABLE offering
> before trying to jump to 3.x via `make {upgrade,world,aout-to-elf}.  So
> we have precidence for this.

And failure to do this became a FAQ, so it's still ``not good''.

I think Marcel is on a good track here, he is getting a real grasp of
the problem and will probably solve some long standing issues if we
let him run with it... giving input when needed and support his efforts
by testing and/or contributing area of expertise information.

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX - (RWG25)                    rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net