Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 2003 20:17:04 +0000
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@trit.org>
To:        Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: devfs configuration

Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a recommended way to configure multiple devfs rules (massive jail
> usage) in a standard manner? I don't see any traces of it.
> Or is it up to the user how does he manage this question, for example a
> shell script with the rules?

There is currently no "standard" way to do this.  I described a way it
might be implemented to freebsd-arch some time ago, but I recieved
very few comments, and have not implemented it due to lack of time.
The proposal is here:

	http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=0+0+archive/2002/freebsd-arch/20020804.freebsd-arch

If that mechanism can be used to do what you want (I think it can be),
and you end up implementing it, I will gladly help get it into the
tree.

Thanks,

Dima.