Date:      Fri,  1 Nov 1996 15:51:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert N Watson <rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org, Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: maxuser > 64 warning

Excerpts from internet.computing.freebsd-questions: 29-Oct-96 Re:
maxuser > 64 warning by Marc Slemko@znep.com
>Don't worry about the warning.  It is just there for fun.
>
>You may also want something like:
>        options         "SOMAXCONN=256"
>        options         "NMBCLUSTERS=4096"
>
>for a busy web server, depending on your definition of busy.

Is there somewhere we can find a list of useful options like these?
I've been playing with the CHILD/OPEN/MEM maximum entries, but would
love a more in depth description of the settings and what to do with
them.

I'm also running a "busy" web server on a system with 96 megs ram/etc,
and a decent ammount of CGI going on.  Occasionally I run into weird
problems (limitations on CGI processes, hanging on incoming http
connections (may be the Netscape Comm. Server that I'm running.)

Thanks in advance,
Robert Watson