Date:      Tue, 7 Dec 1999 12:22:00 -0800
From:      "Robert A Clarks" <raclark@regence.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Attachment blocking; has the wheel already been invented?

I may be called on to setup a system to block inbound email attachments.

The only clues I've found so far, point to sendmail with procmail as a delivery
agent, which calls a perl script to filter out attachments when any but a select
few from fields are matched.

Perl would use the mime module to help figure out what was an attachment and
what was not.

It seems like procmail may be a bit redundant, but may keep me from needing to
write the delivery agent in perl.

Has anyone out there seen anything like this done before? If the wheel has
already been invented, I'd like to avoid any deadends I can.

Thanks, [RC]