Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 19:08:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG, huntting@glarp.com
Subject:   Re: changing timezones

:
:On 05-Jun-2001 Matt Dillon wrote:
:>      slate.  It is also fairly easily to simply restart the
:>      effected servers.  I'm not sure an automated solution is really
:>      desireable.  Timezones generally never change except maybe
:>      on a laptop and laptops get powered up and down all the time
:>      anyway.
:
:Unless your suspend to disk works in which case you basically never power off
:for real :)
:
:(At least I don't).
:
:---
:Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer

    Hah.   I don't trust laptops that much.  Besides, I don't mind waiting
    the 30 seconds or so it takes to boot.

    Of course, in time the battery and power savings capabilties will mean
    that you won't have to suspend to disk at all.  Just keep the thing
    on 24x7 serving up your personal web pages!

					-Matt