Date:      Tue, 2 May 2006 18:22:24 -0600
From:      "Bryan Curl" <bc3910@gmail.com>
To:        "Atom Powers" <atom.powers@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Martin Hepworth <maxsec@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Clamav Install failed

RESOLVED:
None of these were a problem, so I opened the firewall and all is well.
In spite of the following ipf rules it would not go:

pass out quick on dc0 proto tcp from any to any port =3D 21 flags S keep st=
ate
pass out quick on dc0 proto tcp from any to any port =3D 22 flags S keep st=
ate

Do I need matching pass in rules for ports 21 and 22?

Bryan

On 5/2/06, Atom Powers <atom.powers@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is not a 6.1 specific issue.
>
> > On 5/1/06, Bryan Curl <bc3910@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > #cd /usr/ports/security/clamav
> > > #make install clean....
> > > =3D> Attempting to fetch from
> > > ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/.
> > > fetch:
> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/unarj-2.65.tgz:
> > > Network is unreachable
>
> There's your error: "Network is unreachable."
> Can this system download files flom ftp.FreeBSD.org?
> Is your ports tree updated?
> Can you locate that file, fetch it manually, put it in
> /usr/ports/distfiles, and try again?
>
> > > =3D> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
> > > =3D> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
> Read "download the file yourself and try again."
>

> --
> --
> Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
> --Atom Powers--

Bryan
bc3910 'at' gmail 'dot' com