Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:39:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sudhindra Bengeri <bengeri@torrentnet.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   booting single usr mode: / was not properly dismounted

Hi,

The primary kernel file, /kernel has some problem, I have a backup of this
file on the /home filesystem. The other kernel file that I have in the
root device fails to boot in the multiuser mode.

I tried entering the single user mode, by

boot: /kernel.ORIG -s

This boots up but gives the following warning

WARNING: / was not properly dismounted

the root-device is not mounted read-only. Is there any way by which I can
dismount this read-only filesystem and mount it as read-write.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
Sudhin

--
Sudhindra Suresh Bengeri             bengeri@torrentnet.com
Ericsson IP Infrastructure           (919) 472-9945 Fax:(919) 472-9999